Take a modern approach to organizing your healthcare data
Ursa Studio enables teams to take a new approach to data modeling. Instead of the flat, static structure typical of traditional enterprise data warehouses, objects in Ursa Studio build on each other, so logic developed for one deliverable can be easily reused for other purposes.
With this approach, data models become dynamic, with teams able to extend them quickly and organically to meet the needs of each new project.
As users build new objects in Ursa Studio's no-code authoring tool, Object Workshop, the hierarchy of dependencies is tracked automatically in the background, meaning the entire data model — or just a designated branch — can be refreshed at the push of a button. An integrated terminology repository allows developers to memorialize and publish definitions as they build, meaning downstream users will be able to understand the data and build with confidence.
Greater accuracy and consistency
Authoring wizard for data tables
- Object Workshop streamlines development work across the data journey, from cleaning and standardizing raw data to executing business logic.
- Use templates — or clone and tweak existing objects — to create complex clinical concepts (e.g., encounters, episodes, and patient timelines) in minutes, not days or weeks.
- The platform is powerful enough for data scientists yet intuitive enough for non-programmer analysts.
- Seamlessly create data definitions as you develop using Ursa Studio's integrated terminology repository.
- Definitions are automatically linked to fields and published directly to end users, making self-service consumption of analytic deliverables a real possibility.
Dependency tracking (Smart ELT)
- Ursa Studio's Smart ELT automatically tracks the upstream-downstream dependencies of every object created and calculates the most efficient sequence to refresh any collection of objects.
- Objects are refreshed in parallel whenever possible, with downstream objects run only after all the upstream objects on which they depend have finished.
- Custom validation tests can be set up on each object to catch data integrity problems early, before bad data push out to the entire data model.
The Ursa Health Core Data Model
To help clients unlock the value in their data right away, Ursa Studio ships with the Ursa Health Core Data Model, a hierarchical data model that incorporates our decades of experience turning data into answers. Versatile and reporting-ready, the Core Data Model lays the groundwork for accelerating data analytic work on all types of healthcare data.
Tables are enriched with reference data from across healthcare in preparation for synthesis. You’re starting with ready-to-use relational database tables covering a wide range of important healthcare concepts, from inpatient admissions, office visits, and other types of encounters to provider attribution models and timelines of patient risk and disease status.