Last Updated: June 10, 2020
2. Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we process certain types of Information, as described below.
a. Personal Information
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or household. Personal Information that we collect on the Site includes first name, last name, title, company name, and e-mail address. When you access or use the Site, you may provide Personal Information to us, such as when you request to receive information. We also collect navigational information, including IP address, geographical location, browser type, search terms referral source, length of visit, and pages viewed, which may or may not identify you.
b. Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to geographical location, browser type, referral source, search terms, length of visit, and pages viewed.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referred to as “Information.”
3. Use of Information
We use Non-Personal Information collected by clickstream information collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, improve our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site.
We can identify you from the Personal Information you provide, and we may also be able to identify you when we merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the purpose of providing our Site to you, including, but not limited to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Site or the services we provide, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to address inquiries and to monitor and improve our responses.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How We Share Information
We do not sell Information. Under the following conditions, we may share Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Site (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
5. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including:
- SOC 2 Type II and ISO 27001 certified data center partners, which provide N+1 redundancy to all power, network, and HVAC services.
- Top-end in-transit encryption, advanced SSL/TLS (1.0, 1.1, and 1.2) protocols, and 2,048-bit keys.
Use of a high-grade web application firewall and tightly controlled network-level firewallingIt is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or otherwise provided to us, and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such information. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, or if you become aware of or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at (888) 933-7671.
6. Information Retention
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding your privacy rights as a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
9. European Privacy Rights
The Site is not designed to serve or target residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the European Union (“EU”). As a consequence, we may not handle Information transmitted to or through the Site in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Please notify us as soon as is practicable if you are a user accessing our Site from within the EEA or the EU and you have provided, or we have collected, your Information.
11. How to Contact Us
Want to talk?